Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sewing, Again

I’m sewing. I don’t do that often, and if you’re very good at it, you may stop reading right now.

I have learned how to rip out a row of very carefully planned and put in place stitches. Seam rippers are handy little gadgets!! The first time I used it today was because I had one wrong side and one right side together. Ooops.

The next time it was only one short seam because one of the six layers slipped out. Who would have thought that pinning, then basting would still allow a length of several inches to slip away from the edge? Okay, so the original pinning didn’t take into consideration the pull elastic would have.

The material isn’t helping me at all. I shaped it, I knew what I wanted to do with it, but it didn’t cooperate. It appeared to have a mind of it’s own. It can’t see what my plans might be, it just goes back to what it was.

I am so grateful that God has much more patience with me. Many times He’s had to bring me back into His will because I thought I could do without Him, or thought that He was too busy for me.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! (Psalms 139:14-17 KJV)

I, too, am wonderfully made. His eyes saw my substance, too, when He fashioned me. I stand in awe at the sum of His thoughts.

Peter was just as wonderfully made. Christ saw not only Peter’s substance, He fashioned it, He knew exactly what Peter would do, and told him about it:

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me. (Luke 22:31-34 KJV)

Peter heard this, had the choice not to deny Christ – just as we have the choice – yet Christ’s prophecy was fulfilled:

And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And Peter went out, and wept bitterly. (Luke 22:61-62 KJV)

Will our choices cause us to weep bitterly, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)