Imprint of the seal (bulla) of Hezekiah, son of Ahaz, king of Judah.
On display in the Israel Musuem, Jerusalem.
On display in the Israel Musuem, Jerusalem.
King Hezekiah has been a favorite of mine fo ages, since I discovered God personally answered his prayer for a few more years to be added to his life. That type of healing still happens, but just about as few and far between as in biblical times. In "Ancient Near Eastern History and Culture" by William Stiebing he was described as "the best-attested figure in biblical history,"due to the extensive documentation of his reign in biblical texts (both Kings and Chronicles, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Micah) and external sources (notably Assyrian inscriptions). I mention a good deal of this in Hezekiah and Dysfunctional Families
Most people skip over 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles. The huge focus on David and Solomon is over and it appears that the people completely forget why they are where they are. It's hard to just function in society much less consider you were placed there for a specific reason.
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I'm writing this from my phone and cannot possibly put all I've done on my computer here today through the phone.
I have this phone, my old slower than molasses Windows 10 PC and my printer on my home wifi. My newer, faster!!!, Windows 11 PC keeps saying it cannot connect to my wifi. We've not found the solution. As soon as I do, this page will be updated with Hezekiah's rest of the story.
Please come back.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)