That's just a snippit of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling - the hand of God reaching out toward Adam's - one man's vision of the creation that doesn't match the Bible at all, but is a beautiful painting. God allowed but one man to glimpse Him as He left - and Moses did not leave a detailed description.
I have my own concept of God, gained by reading His word and my prayers to Him:
“For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.” (2 Timothy 1:12, KJV)
Indeed. Like Paul, I know Him. Another Paul quote:
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
The God I worship is all powerful, omnipotent, capable of keeping the life I gave Him even if I'm incapable of doing all He asks of me. In previous blogs I have included a few assurances verses. These two scriptures are specific assurances that God is capable of keeping our souls that we put in His keeping.
Our Father has inspired a wide variety of authors to get His story to us. Some of the authors remain anonymous - such as the oldest book - Job. Even so, there is a wealth of information about God's character - even if we are left with questions about Satan's character, location, and relationship with God.
My resume has some unique businesses, but two of them remain international firms with a wide range of employees. One in particular offered a position where co-workers worshipped god's dissimilar to the Judeo-Christian God of the Bible.
Saddest in my view was one co-worker who had been raised in a Catholic family, left their faith to seek "something that was missing," and was open with their Wiccan beliefs. "As it harms none, do what ye will." It was understood there were spirits involved, which the Bible faced much earlier:
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 4:1-3)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)