Friday, January 20, 2012

That’s Me

temp
Come April of this year you can join us at our church on a Saturday night for a concert or Sunday morning to join in singing with The Rochester Family and their gospel music! The schedule on their site just goes through February, and I don’t have the church calendar at hand, but will get the date posted here in the future.

I hear them whenever I want to because we have almost all of their albums – we’ll be getting their newest in April. Carried on my iPhone, I hear my favorites any time.  One of them is “That’s Him.” It reminds me that there are places in the Bible where I can shout out, “That’s Me!”

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  (John 1:3 KJV)

That’s me – I was made by Him! However, that’s not the best cause for rejoicing.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23 KJV)

That’s me, too. From the time I didn’t know better until today, I have too many times fallen short by ignoring Him and His will for my life. He took care of that, though.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 KJV)

Whosoever” – the Greek πᾶς defined as:
Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole: - all (manner of, means) alway (-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no (-thing), X throughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.
Oh, yes!! That’s me!! The Lord told how this was to be achieved:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. (John 14:6-7 KJV)

The apostles continued to spread that gospel, answering the jailer’s question, which is the same we should be asking today:

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30-31 KJV)

That jailer is me, too, asking the question and receiving the answer – then following in belief.  Then comes the greatest miracle.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV)

That’s me. Oh, you may not see it every day in everything I do or say, and my body may be wearing out – but I’m new, I promise you! God has seen to it.  For all my own efforts are but vapors.  The miracle of newness is His.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (Ephesians 2:8 KJV)

Oh, yes – THAT’S ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)