Thursday, July 21, 2011

With Friends

chairs

This is posted late Thursday evening simply because we’ll be at a hospital by 8:00 Friday morning, and it’s over an hour drive to get there. When I told my friend we would drive (across a couple of counties and several incorporated cities) to be with her, she wrote:

I REALLY, REALLY appreciate you and [Beloved Husband] coming to sit with me. Dr. said surgery would take two hrs. I was so afraid I would have to go thru this alone.  That's good friends!!!

It is our pleasure, for our friend and her beloved husband. There are so many things we should not face alone.  A loved one’s surgery rises to the top.  Monday an elderly (yep, older than I am!) lady in our church had two stents inserted.  A couple from our Thursday dominoes group was right there with her husband during the procedure.

This is a beautiful ministry that is so gratefully appreciate, and just takes some of our time.  How willing are we to give it? Only to friends? Then how do we get to be friends?

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: (Proverbs 18:24a KJV)

The first verses of Mark 2 tells of four friends who tried to get through a crowd so that Jesus could heal the one they carried.  Unable to do so, they went to the roof, broke open the roof and let their friend down in front of Him.  Would we bring our friends to Jesus?  What did He say we are to tell our friends?

Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. (Mark 5:19 KJV)

Can we tell of great things the Lord has done for us?  I can, and I hope though this blog I’ve told of His love, His plans, His sacrifice, His giving His life for me, and all of His other friends. How do we get to be Christ’s friends?  In His own words:

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. (John 15:14 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)