Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blood

Blood
A simple cut on a finger.  We’ve all had one at one time or another. It hurts, too.  Since we use our hands so much, they usually reopen or take a long time to heal.  The blood is necessary to heal, too.  It provides the covering scab for protection. 

We give blood to help others.  Well, most of us can.  Those of us who have had specific diseases are no longer acceptable as donors. Blood from umbilical cords can be used later to help the child. Blood is necessary for us to live.  Yet, blood has given us so much more.

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (Matthew 26:28 KJV)

Paul, when speaking to the church elders, states that the church was purchased with blood:

Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:26-28 KJV)

We must never forget that we are not our own, but have been bought with Christ’s blood, and this was God’s plan.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (Romans 3:23-25 KJV)

“Remission of sins that are past,” are not my words, but from the Bible. Some understand this to mean that future sins will again separate us from God.  Believe that backsliding creates unremitted sins.  Move forward with me into the next chapter:

Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. (Romans 4:7-8 KJV)

As Paul, I have faith that God is even more capable of forgiving me way past seventy times seven, capable of keeping me with Him:

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. (2 Timothy 1:12 KJV)

I count myself among those redeemed – would love to have you join in:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; (Ephesians 1:7 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)