Wednesday, December 3, 2008

For Me

Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. (Psalms 66:16 KJV)

Christmas is a time for gratitude. I know, most people use Thanksgiving for that – and I did, too – but Christmas is the real gift to all of us, and we’re to be grateful for it. It’s a time to give back to God a bit of the blessings He has poured out on us.

Wait a minute? Isn’t mankind the recipient of God’s blessings? Absolutely. But David understood.

And, he wasn’t the first:

When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given thee. (Deuteronomy 8:10 KJV)

But he wrote it the most:

I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. (Psalms 16:7 KJV)

My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD. (Psalms 26:12 KJV)

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. (Psalms 34:1 KJV)

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: (Psalms 103:1-2 KJV)

Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure. Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul. (Psalms 103:20-22 KJV)

Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. (Psalms 104:1 KJV)

But we will bless the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the LORD. (Psalms 115:18 KJV)

Bless the LORD, O house of Israel: bless the LORD, O house of Aaron: Bless the LORD, O house of Levi: ye that fear the LORD, bless the LORD. Blessed be the LORD out of Zion, which dwelleth at Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD. (Psalms 135:19-21 KJV)

By reading these verses, and thinking upon them, may you be blessed, and may you bless the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)