Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Scripture

temp

I posted this on Facebook yesterday. I was enjoying the work on Second Daughter’s Christmas project. We discussed this year’s presents, my girls and I, because I wanted to learn how to put to good use the machine I bought earlier this year. My last sewing machine was handed down in almost pristine condition from lack of use.

This year, though, I have added machine embroidery to the mix, along with piecing quilt tops and I am having a very good time. This quilt begins with scripture – twelve different ones chosen by Second Daughter’s family and friends. By chance, the first two I embroidered today were totally appropriate.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1 KJV)

The second was too long to fit in the four square inches:

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. (1 Peter 2:24-25 KJV)

So, I took what could fit:  Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree.

Both quilt blocks state absolute truth. Both relate to each other, but it takes a lot of words in between to make the connection, and both are incomplete without the other.

Truth is often that way. It can stand alone, but it is awesome when seen in its entirety. To know that God not only created, but provided for His creation is still incomplete until we read through the gospels.

So much to read! And, I have six more scriptures to embroider. I wonder what thoughts will come as I read them. Each one of them help me from going astray – which is so easily accomplished!

Please, take a moment and leave your favorite verse in Comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)