Monday, November 19, 2012

It Is Finished!

temp
I completed reading the Bible through chronologically! One year, three hundred and sixty five days, completed Sunday morning. I do have a sense of accomplishment as well as a YouVersion.com badge.

Over my lifetime, I knew I had read most of the Bible – but could not say I had read it through from cover to cover. My reading was based on a variety of plans – Sunday School lessons, devotionals, reading with the preacher during services – nothing that would give me the feeling of having read every page, every word.

This plan gave me the guidelines and schedule to know it was completely read. It also sent me reminders if I missed a day so that I could catch up quickly. Accountability!!

It was one week ago this Thanksgiving that my Beloved Husband had his first Myasthenic Crisis and  had to be airlifted to THR’s Harris Fort Worth. Twice more during this past year we spent a week in ICU. I cannot express strongly enough how helpful it was to have the Bible, our prayer partners and the support of family and friends during this year. I am so very grateful for what has sustained us. It’s a matter of faith.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17 KJV)

Did I mention that I can listen to this being read instead of doing a daily reading? I thoroughly enjoyed what YouVersion.com has to offer. Since it’s on my Kindle (as well as my smartphone and PC), I have my Bible everywhere I go and can read/listen to it at any time.

I don’t know exactly how many plans there are – several cover the Bible in a year, some are three or four days long. Topical plans start with ‘Joy’ and run through ‘Fear of Death .’ Featured Plans begin with ‘Remembering All God Has Done’ and continues through ‘The Books of Wisdom.’

I’m looking over the selections and think I’ll begin a short one this time. In fact, this one looks very interesting:
Diligence
4 Days
Diligence is a fundamental part of the Christian faith. And your diligence grows through encountering God and meditating on His Word. The following verses, when memorized, can help you become more diligent in all of your days. Let your life be transformed by memorizing Scripture! For a comprehensive system for memorizing Scripture, visit http://www.MemLok.com
Take a few moments, follow the YouVersion.com link – whether on a PC, smartphone or tablet – and pick out a Bible reading plan.  Please, come back here and let me know how you enjoyed it. I guarantee it will provide a blessing (especially if you read Revelation 1:

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (Revelation 1:3 KJV) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)