Saturday, November 10, 2012

He Is!!

MyRock-unknown
I seldom use unknown graphics, but I do love this one. It brings to mind the combination of rock and salvation in so many verses.

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. (Psalms 62:7 KJV)

He is!!!  Moses knew this:

Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. (Deuteronomy 32:1-4 KJV)

He sang it to the children of Israel, some of whom did not know it, setting a bad example for others to follow:

But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. (Deuteronomy 32:15 KJV)

How do we esteem the rock of our salvation? Do we spend time with Him? Do we speak with others about Him? Do we take seriously what we know and seek to learn more?

I’m afraid that some answers to those questions are resounding “No.” There are consequences for lightly esteeming, or even forgetting Him entirely:

Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation, and hast not been mindful of the rock of thy strength, therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants, and shalt set it with strange slips: In the day shalt thou make thy plant to grow, and in the morning shalt thou make thy seed to flourish: but the harvest shall be a heap in the day of grief and of desperate sorrow. (Isaiah 17:10-11 KJV)

Thanks, but no thanks.  I don’t like that scenario. I prefer:

O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. (Psalms 95:1-3 KJV)

Yep, that’s what I have in mind – making a joyful noise, being in His presence with thanksgiving, acknowledging He is above all. That’s the scenario I prefer, based on all I’ve learned of Him.  He provided salvation for all who seek Him. He came to us as one of us:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:1-3 KJV)

What happens if that is not proclaimed?

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. (Luke 19:40 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)