Saturday, June 21, 2008

Party A

Changes have taken away, not added to. ‘… new gender-neutral marriage licenses — with the words "Party A" and "Party B" instead of "bride" and "groom"’ (MSNBC June 18)

This is what I meant in ‘Covenant or Contract’ – “Party A” and “Party B” are neither bride, nor groom, but a legal re-writing of that which they cannot be.

Instead of becoming what they wanted, they’ve added newspeak to that which was, and cannot be under their new definitions. Instead of achieving equality, they have changed the rules and deleted that which was, and cannot be under their new definitions.

I was a bride, neither Party A nor B. I am a wife, not Party A nor B. Activists have removed a legal designation, but they cannot be that which I am. The activist, though they have run over me, have not removed me. Though they have used courts to overturn the democratic votes of a majority of their neighbors, they have not gained, but erased.

Activists have offered false dreams of obtaining that which others have: Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD. … And the burden of the LORD shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God. (Jeremiah 23:32, 36 KJV)

I speak my mind, put my thoughts where others may read them. I do not become an activist for legal change in return, for my Lord tells me: My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change: For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both? (Proverbs 24:21-22 KJV) He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him: But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them. (Proverbs 24:24-25 KJV)

My Lord also says that As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. (Revelation 3:19 KJV)

My Lord also responded to His disciples: And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. (Luke 9:54-56 KJV)

Instead of being incensed at the change, I am saddened at the loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)