Thursday, August 29, 2013

Neurosurgeon

Meningioma-Commons
August 12 of last year I introduced readers to this picture and an explanation of that white area behind the right eyeball – that’s a meningioma. A not-so-normal growth in the brain. I’ve got one. We’ve been keeping an eye on it – I even named it “Henry” because meningioma is hard to pronounce and is easily misspelled.

I wrote again about three weeks ago. The last MRI showed that Henry has grown. He can’t be allowed to grow much more or he will cause irreparable damage.

Today is the appointment with the neurosurgeon. I face it with a bit of trepidation – tense and ill at ease because of what I don’t know. Much of that should be clear by the time we get home this afternoon.
However, since I’m not concentrating well and questions are flying through my mind – unanswered ‘cause brain surgery certainly is not my field!! – this is a short blog this morning simply to request your prayers.

His word accompanies me with some of my favorite verses:

A Psalm of David.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Psalms 23:1-6 KJV)

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. …  I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. … And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. (John 10:11, 14 16 KJV)

And many others! Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Grammy, I am so glad I got on to show my little s their big sisters blog and saw this on Maddie's side bar.

    I want to offer you some beautiful hope, even if you have to have surgery. I know that the idea of brain surgery must seem unbelievably daunting. I can't personally fathom that.

    What I can tell you is that my eldest sister had such severe epilepsy (since childhood) It got so bad that one day (a few yrs ago) her only option was brain surgery. Not just any brain surgery, but one where they removed almost half of her brain. She prayed about it, had the surgery and came out perfect! She has not had one seizure since!

    Another story the Lord would like me to share with you is one of my mother-in law's daughter in law. This past year she was diagnosed with cancer. They found a brain tumor behind her eye. It was very severe. This mom is around my age and has 4 children I think.

    She was frightened but had the surgery and they removed all of the tumor that they originally thought they couldn't. They also told her she would be blind in that eye and from what I heard she isn't.

    Know that you will be in my prayers and that we love you. Our God can do whatever He wants. You're a strong Bible believing woman who is open to being used for His will. This means that He has great things for you to do. He knows that no matter what they are that you will not only tell your story, but praise His name the whole time. What a blessing!

    love you Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always and forever in my prayers, Grammy!

    "Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you,
    plans to prosper you and not to harm you.
    To give you hope and a future."

    I love you!

    ~Sunshine~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)