Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Virus!!

If I were a computer (which some people think is not so far fetched) someone would still be running an anti-virus program on me, attempting to clear what was left from a malicious invasion.

Since I’m really not a computer, the stupid virus has to run its course for only the symptoms of its invasion can be treated.

Like bank robbers, viruses continually change their appearance so that the body’s defensive immune response cannot stop them quickly. Smart ones do not kill the host so that they can simply mutate a bit and move back in for a rematch once defensive is accomplished.

Guess I didn’t have enough of those killer T cells for this particular virus.

I’ve pretty much slept a day and a half, waking when Beloved Husband offered fluids and sustenance. I think it might be best if I continued this routine for another day before venturing out. I do not wish to share this poison with anyone, and a good sneeze would do just that.

Poison? Of course it is. The very word virus is Latin for toxin or poison. Well chosen for this multi-faceted changeling.

So, back to comfortable warmth of fleece and blankets, soft pillows and a warm cat – who has been very attentive during this battle. Right now she’s draped across my legs with furry warmth. That is a very good thing! That’s when you really want a well-fed cat, too.

Thanks for stopping by – see you again tomorrow when I intend to be a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)