Saturday, January 10, 2009

Glitch

I watch Monk. My husband doesn't enjoy the show, but he puts up with it because I do. I think one reason I like it is because I have a touch of OCD.

No, I'm not as "organized" as Mr. Monk, but I do like my shelves to have the canned goods in order. The logic behind my thought is that it's easier to reach in and get the right can as well as making it easier to update a grocery list.

Multiply's layout made it easy to be organized, too. Create specific albums for single events, nice and compartmentalized. Make it really nice for the Picture Perfect entries each week. Now I have a new album for the 2009 competition closing today.

And my blogs were nice and orderly -- seldom missing a day of devotional posting, easily posting to the mirror site on Blogspot. Working quite well.

Until yesterday. There were odd happenings yesterday. From my home page there were two listings for January 9, "After the order of ..." but clicking on the link brought up an error message. It posted fine, both attempts, to Blogspot. Not a problem there, just removed one of them. But the Multiply error tells me "Not Found. This blog entry no longer exists." The error received during posting said to contact Customer Services. I did, and 24 hours later, no response.

It's one glitch in an otherwise ordered environment, but the software tester in me is just itching to find out "Why?" What changed to cause an otherwise orderly environment? The first thing that comes to mind would be the introduction of updated software -- that has the potential to cause glitches simply because not every aspect of combinatorial testing can be covered. Put something new out in the real virtual world and we users can take it to the limit with a few quick keystrokes.

But, I won't know. That reality is hard to take. I must take it on faith that Multiply will continue to provide the home I've come to enjoy in comfort. But that's not a problem. I've been taking things on faith for a long, long time.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (Ephesians 2:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)