Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Strait Way

[This is the one I originally intended for yesterday -- before reading that MSNBC article.]

For those who believe everyone shall be saved, spend some time searching scriptures:

Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. (Luke 13:23-24 KJV)

Matthew wrote of the strait way, too: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7:13-14 KJV)

He has promised us that those who seek Him will find Him:

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. (Deuteronomy 4:29 KJV)

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. (Proverbs 8:17 KJV)

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13 KJV)

Has He called and there has been a refusal? He spoke of this: Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; (Proverbs 1:24 KJV)

It is our choice whether we spend eternity with our Lord, or hear the words spoken to the foolish virgins calling to Him: Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. (Matthew 25:11-12 KJV)

Or, as Luke wrote of those who did chose not the strait: When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: (Luke 13:25 KJV)

Will He say: And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. (John 5:37-39 KJV)

May we, as the church at Philadelphia, hear Him speak to us: I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. (Revelation 3:8 KJV)

The choice must be made by each one of us. When you make that choice, remember that He gave us the way: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)