Monday, June 16, 2008

Stem Cell Research

Dr. Shelley Chawla supports embryonic stem cell research – here in America. His book and movie were created from that viewpoint.

Since this is not a controversial subject in India, why not support India’s achievement in what a portion of the world considers to a scientific question or medical industry. Why must the focus be upon changing a Christian value in America?

I do not understand why the concept exists that only American money and only embryonic stem cells will provide the cure for most of mankind’s ills. I do believe that with the coming election, the current presidential order will be changed and embryos will be created for death.

That I find regrettable. For there does not exist a ban on the research today, only on USA government funding. Taxes include those paid by multiple millions of Christians who support the ethical position of sanctity of life, and the belief that life begins before birth. We simply request that government funds not be used for embryonic stem cell research. Spend all my tax money on umbilical stem cells or adult stem cell, please.

Independent funding of embryonic stem cell research is available – when there is hope of a profitable return of investment money. Does it appear there will be no profitable return? Will people not pay for the use of resulting medical applications?

These are my questions – they do not appear in media discussions that I’ve read. It’s easier to decry the conservative position and denigrate their beliefs, blaming them for refusing Superman the right to fly.

My Bible speaks of God knowing us from the womb: Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen. (Isaiah 44:2 KJV)

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; (Isaiah 44:24 KJV)

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. (Jeremiah 1:5 KJV)

I cannot cease to comment. Bits and pieces of Esther come to mind: For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise … another place; … and who knoweth whether thou art come … for such a time as this? (Esther 4:14 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)