Doesn't that look clean and huge and completely above my ability to understand? I've allowed myself to be shoved into one of these, head first, for over 15 years, at least once a year, sometimes twice or more. My first post about my meningioma was in 2012. I've followed up every two or three years about Henry and it's growth.
Yes, I named my meningioma Henry. If I'm going to live with this, I don't want a medical name. I've made my peace with this situation - as long as Henry is a quiet apartment dweller (no loud parties or bands!) we can live together. If a problem develops, he's not easily evicted. I cannot have it removed through regular surgery, and even cyberknife could be a problem, so we just live together.
I made much of my medical decision based on scripture:
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. (Matthew 5:29)
Henry is an anomally - not a normal part of the human body, but not cancerous, not fast growing, and it can be watched as we wait for additional information. Two other calicified, and much smaller, meningiomas did not grow as Henry has. With all that information balanced against what might be encountered with an open skull surgery, we continue to watch and wait.
I have one other physical limitation when it comes to MRIs - I am claustrophobic. Put me in a tight enclosed space with no exit defined and my breathing is affected. I move from knowing things are fine to being positive there is a problem I cannot see nor "fix." I did the first of or fifteen years of MRIs using a variety of uncontrollable mind control efforts, and these last few years a full prescription of one diazepam. The result was: I cannot drive myself home after the MRI. Fortunately, I have a capable family with a wealth of possibilities, and I've been driven home by almost all of them at one time or another as they responded to a need:
But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. (1 John 3:17-18)
Frankly, every time I've needed an answer to a question, I've found an answer in the Bible. I know - that doesn't sound possible in a world where so much technology has been invented since the the lasts book in the Bible was written. But, the Bible says:
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 1:9)
That holds true even though the Ten Commandments were written in stone, the New Testament on papyrus, and my computer puts letters on a screen. Methodologies are different, but there is no new thing under the sun remains valid. The Bible will not describe what I use to write, but it comes through technology from the same brain functions all authors use:
And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. (Mark 7:18-23)
I am responsible for every word placed on this blog. It came from my brain, through my fingers. Because that's important to me, I judge my thoughts against the Bible. What I place here is what comes from me. If having Henry were ever to affect that thought process - I would choose the latest most accurate medical technology to remove that meningioma!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)