Sunday, September 2, 2012

Just Look At Him Now

jesus_the_warrior_king_on_horse-001
All of my CDs are now on an iPod my Second Daughter gave me. It connects through my car’s radio and I have my own selections to hear any time we drive. Since our car was purchased 12/29/11 and now has over 12,000 miles on it, you can tell that’s often. Our trips are in and out of Fort Worth’s hospital district, though, with Beloved Husband’s health issues.

I have favorite songs, of course, and favorite artists. Some are more musically talented than others, some I don’t care if they can carry a tune or not – their passion for the message is powerful. One such song is “Just Look At Him Now” sung by our Youth Choir.

I found it on line by the Hayes Family, and one of these days I’ll purchase their version. In the meantime, I’ll listen to these young voices singing their hearts out for the triumphant Christ, so important in their lives.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. (Revelation 19:11-14 KJV)

The lyrics call for us to look at Him now, no cross to carry. No crown of thorns, either. Instead, He’s presented the royal diadem. Just look at Him now!

The “name written, that no man knew” reminds me of another such name:

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. (Revelation 2:17 KJV)

Years ago I wrote about going to pick up my white stone. I believe that because I believe He is both Faithful and True, for He is God. Non-Christians do not understand the Oneness of the Trinity and even Christians tend to separate God as that’s easier for mankind to visualize. Never forget, even picturing Him on the cross, that this is the Lord God, Creator of the universe. The I AM of all time and He was, is and will be triumphant.

We visualize Jesus in many ways – the babe in the manger, the child at Jerusalem, the descending dove at baptism, the teacher before multitudes, the healer touched by the sick, the betrayed, the slain. Those are all true. We need to spend as much thought on the resurrected, the glorified and the absolutely triumphant Christ that John saw.

How do you see Jesus today?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the question, sometimes i am not sure how i view Him...i am only just absolutely sure i love Him and i am glad that i know him.

    When i think of Him...the words " it is finished" always comes to mind. He has conquered it all! I therefore do not have to fight FOR victory but i fight FROM Victory!!!!!. Blessed saviour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)