Thursday, May 24, 2012

License To Share

TAG-2COR5-7
That’s not the actual tag my Oklahoma Sister-in-Law saw.  She didn’t mention the state, so I used one of our tags while recreating.  She said:
Thought you might want to make a note of this. Yesterday I was following a car with this on the license tag: IICor57. Of course I immediately reached for my phone since I didn't remember the verse. "We walk in the Faith"
Like most of our family, she has the Bible (usually YouVersion or Olive Tree – or both) on her phone.  It’s available in Microsoft, iOS and Android.  Please, feel free (literally) to have one or more of your own!! I chose a Texas tag to experiment with ‘cause that’s what’s on my car.  I don’t believe the letters were split on the tag she saw, but here in Texas, they are (or were, I think there are some new styles out there now.)
Anyway, that led me to think about what verses I might choose. I know our pastor’s wife, Mrs. Tina, would most likely choose:

Tag-Phil413

One every Christian could shout from the mountaintops that tells us “Jesus saves!” would be:

TAG-JOHN316

Each state tag is a bit different, so there might be opportunities to be inventive, but this could work out great in sharing God’s word, wouldn’t it? 

In Texas, matching tags are required front and back.  In Oklahoma, rear tags only – leaving the front clear for one of these message plates. Create them on the PC, print on heavy card stock, wrap in plastic and change often or never.  The possibilities just go on and on, don’t they.

I might use ISA301, but it’s a convicting verse.  Better could be GAL522 but the reader might think ‘girl’ first.  ICOR1313 might sound like an international air conditioning company or an investment club in the Rockies, but a Christian should recognize it as love.

PSALM23 would be a good one, too, if you could use more than four letters at a time.  When there are limitations on the length, it is necessary to get inventive, isn’t it.

OK, this blog is going to be shorter today because I’m going to ask that you think about this seriously and come up with how your favorite verse, or what you believe to be an effective verse, would look on a license plate. Come on – you can do it! It’s a lot easier than coming up with XLR8NG on the sports car in front of you, isn’t  it?

Oh, yes – I do have to have a Bible verse to read – not just links as above.  I’ll take one from Isaiah (I’m still reading chronologically with YouVersion,) and this is one I just read – very convicting verses:

Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: (Isaiah 30:8-9 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)