Sunday, April 22, 2012

Morning

April_dawn-Commons
I do enjoy the quiet mornings. My recent mornings have been spent blogging, then catching up with friends and on to breakfast followed working a bit outdoors.  My new responsibilities include feeding a pregnant cat and not feeding a rat terrier, both of whom decided within a few days of each other that this was the perfect place to settle down. I’ve never seen an abandoned dog be so determined to stay where she was obviously not wanted. 

That’s all behind us now – CatTwo will be presenting her litter one of these days then she’ll make a vet visit and remain outdoor mouse attack cat.  The rat terrier stayed and was named Rodeck – after an aluminum racing engine head since the adoption was by Second Son-in-Law. Rodeck remains a bit skeptical about males, though.  It might take a bit to bond.

They are the second part of my mornings.  The first part remains reading and writing about the Bible and what it means (or says) to me. I’m still following a Chronological reading plan, but that’s of an evening. In the mornings I have the Bible open with no specific plan – usually I’m researching a specific topic or chapter, at random.  Or, taking a verse I’ve run across, putting it in context and verifying that it speaks to me in the same way after I know who wrote it when and what was happening when it was written. Context, a very big topic for me.

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. (Psalms 143:8 KJV)

That’s the verse that brought me to this point. Yes, I place myself in position and condition to hear His lovingkindness in the mornings. As David did, and wrote, I trust Him.  I do want Him to lead me in the path I should walk and I have lifted up my soul as a gift to Him, though He created and owned it.

Isn’t it wonderful to know that God’s lovingkindness exists for us? Isn’t it better to listen to it at the beginning of the day when we can feel its warmth and comfort throughout all of our activities?  David’s first mention of a morning start is:

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. (Psalms 5:3 KJV)

Don’t stop with morning! David didn’t:

As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. (Psalms 55:16-17 KJV)

He has heard my voice.  He has answered specific prayers. There are many pending His final decision, too.  I love this song for the Sabbath, too:

A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, (Psalms 92:1-2 KJV)

May you be blessed through your time with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)