Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The 100th Lamb

100thLamb
I don’t remember mentioning the 100th Lamb, but you would be blessed by stopping by her blog.  She knows she embodies the parable of Matthew 18:12 and Luke 15:4.  She is among the lambs in the Shepherd’s fold.

Though we differ on denominational doctrine as Catholic and Baptist, this lamb and I walk together in our love of God and His way in our lives.  She posted this fall:
Meditation: There are some events, stories, and emotions in the Bible (Old Testament and New Testament) that evoke visceral reactions (at least, for me). God's constant having to show us that He is God because we keep turning away from Him is, to me, sad. Who are we to consider that anything that might interest or intrigue us could possibly be more important than we to God and God to us? We have been given so much, including knowledge beyond what was originally intended, yet have little gratitude? Man historically has worshiped other gods, which, it seems to me (but what do I know?), at least a tiny tad bit better than being an atheist who worships no gods at all. The fact that God keeps trying to get our attention (and certainly He dramatically got mine when I was being totally oblivious) says a lot about God's love for us. Why can't we love Him the way He wants to love us? (That's a question to which I don't have an answer!)
She wasn’t the only one to write about God showing us that He is God. Stop by Smelling Coffee and read her thoughts on Exodus 7. Once again the question has to do with “God’s constant having to show us that He is God …”, which He does so very well. 

And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth. (Exodus 9:16 KJV)

Isaiah reminds us of His power:

Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst. (Isaiah 50:2 KJV)

Christ spoke of this power, too:

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. (John 10:18 KJV)

Though He is love, He is also righteousness and judgment.  We need to be aware:

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:31 KJV)

And, we need to determine to walk humbly with our God, keeping His commandments, which is our only duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)