Monday, May 19, 2008

Universe

The Bible is not the only book I read. For me, however, it is the most profound and it reveals what God has chosen to give to us.

When I read Richard Dawkins’ musings: “All Sagan's books touch the nerve-endings of transcendent wonder that religion monopolized in past centuries. My own books have the same aspiration,” I feel as though he wishes not only to touch the nerve-endings, but to create them. Thus replacing the Creator with himself. And, it appears a slightly pathetic attempt. Fulfilling the scripture:

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. (Romans 1:25 KJV)

Why would I be tempted to replace my wonderment at the awesomeness of God for the limitations of the universe? God is much more than what can be seen in our universe. Yes, I have seen Hubbard’s photos defining the apparent insignificance of mankind. This is not new:

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? (Psalms 8:3-4 KJV)

As Darwin wrote in closing On The Origin Of Species … “There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one;” we agree that the Creator exists.

Yet many atheists look to evolution as being the ‘proof’ that God does not exist. That does not appear to have been Darwin’s intent. Nor is it my intent to attempt to prove to someone else that God does exist. God is quite capable of convincing whom He will. My own intent is to share my personal belief. What is done with it after reading here belongs only to the visitor.

And, I do hope that visitor finds it of interest and returns. It is a pleasure to have your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)