Sunday, April 14, 2013

An Agenda

Agenda_thumb
First day of the week – and there’s a busy week ahead.  A couple of appointments (one’s a plasmapheresis day – that takes a while!), but the really busy part are some spring projects that simply most be accomplished. Less than three days this week to do them, so some time must be taken from others. This year that means less computer time, so if you miss me for a couple of days please understand that I’m digging in dirt getting grass out of an overgrown flower bed or I’m picking up more dirt (of the right kind) to put in some raised garden beds, along with tomatoes and herbs and I’m not certain what else.

Our last freeze was this past week, of that I’m fairly certain. Based on experience over several years, I don’t expect to see temperatures in the 30’s (that Fahrenheit for my island friends) for many months. Our pastures are green, trees leaved out, photinia shining red at the tips and ready to blossom out with white flowers. It really is spring!

Swallows have returned and are remodeling their nests in the eaves – and we have to keep the garage door closed so they don’t think that’s an invitation to homestead. Let me assure you, however, there are no more hours in a day. Even though clocks will tell you it’s lighter later, there are still 24 hours in a day and I still require eight of them for sleep. The need to spend more outside for a while must take away from computer time.

I won’t give up time with Beloved Husband, and I won’t give up time with my Lord.

At church we have been following different themes in Sunday School, evening worship and Wednesday. Over the winter at home I completed the chronological reading of the Bible, fifteen weekly YouVersion plans as well as researching verses for this blog. Of course, some of the themes overlap with that. My blog ideas come from daily interaction with the Bible. Frankly, I could sit with a Bible beside the keyboard and comment on every verse. So – I must move away from the keyboard for a bit and get this annual commitment out of the way.

Before Beloved Husband went through the diagnostic process a couple of years ago, I started Professor Grant Horner’s Bible Reading System. I had printed out the bookmarks (on card stock) found on this website. Too soon we were moving through medical appointments, crises and hospitalizations. I did not complete that system, so that’s next on my reading list. It, too, is available digitally as a Reading Plan on Olive Tree and YouVersion. Those are the two I have on my iPhone, Kindle Fire and PC. The plans synch across all three.

I encourage each of my readers to have more than one source of Bible reading available to you each day. In Hebrews we’re told:

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; (Hebrews 3:13-14)

Thus I encourage, daily, that we partake of God’s word. Even when I’m not posting daily. I promise. It’s always on my agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)