Monday, September 3, 2012

Nothing’s Too Hard For God

Nothingstoohardforgod
Perhaps you’ve seen the billboard. Did you know there was a website? Simply, NothingstoohardforGod.org. This isn’t a new thought:

And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. (Luke 18:27 KJV)

Paul put it a little differently:

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13 KJV)

Why, then, do we wait to work with Him? We’ve seen people who believe they aren’t good enough. Just as soon as they get their act together, get their budget straightened out or simply finish sowing some wild oats. There’s plenty of time, right?

Maybe – or maybe not. Want to gamble? How many other things have been put off and didn’t work out? Homework – plenty of time, but that didn’t work out very well, now did it? Putting off going to work – how did that work out?

Some things shouldn’t be delayed, even when we don’t think we can do it on our own. We have been shown through many stories over centuries that He accomplishes what He sets out to do, even when people know it can’t be done.  Remember Sarah’s laughter?

Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? (Genesis 18:12 KJV)

She wasn’t the first to laugh over that impossibility:

Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? (Genesis 17:17 KJV)

Perhaps the impossible thing is to believe that God is. Many have failed to accept that He exists. If He doesn’t exist, He can’t help. Each one has to get past that on their own.  Evidence exists in the lives of too many people to ignore. Proving He does not exist is as impossible as proving He does. It requires faith on both parts.

The atheist finds faith somewhere that he will not be held responsible for his life. His faith tells him there is nothing after the moment of death. Neither of us can prove our point to the satisfaction of the other.

I choose, deliberately choose, to believe God is. Never ending, never beginning, always is. Just as He said, “I AM.”

Once we believe that, we can believe nothing’s too hard for Him. Then the question becomes, will we allow Him to do His will in our lives? Things change when we do. I wish I could introduce you to people I know whose lives were changed when they placed Him first. But you know people just like that, too.  They’re happy to tell you about it:

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: (1 Peter 3:15 KJV)

Personally, I don’t wait until I’m asked – I’ll look for a way to work a question into our conversation. If it goes unanswered, I won’t press – but I will pray for you. Sorry – that’s just what I do. It’s another verse, you know.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment earlier but couldn't so I try again. Thanks for the post. I need to focus more on the positive right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)