Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Surprised

temp
Blogger has a number of statistics.  One is the total of posts. Amazing to me, today’s post is number 1,500.
I started a blog much earlier, on Yahoo! 360, for the Junior High Girls Sunday School class I helped teach. Just some verses to keep the young ladies interested in preparing the coming lessons. Y!360 began a downhill race, so I followed a couple of friends over to Multiply.

Multiply was more of a social media site, not quite a dedicated blog and there I found some good friends – and my first encounter of negative responses to my verses and studies.  I had opened my blogging to the public, and some of that public took offense to topics, verses, personal interpretations, etc.  They were more apt to comment.

Shortly after that, someone mentioned Blogger. No social networking, a straight blogging venue.  I posted my first one here, and continued for the next 1,499. I wasn’t alone. There are thousands of Christian bloggers on the web and a good many of them are Bible-based, Bible-believing evangelicals. We have a tendency to introduce ourselves to each other. On the side of this page there is a list of ones I read on a regular basis (they don’t show on the mobile, though.)

So – now that I’m no longer a teacher, why have I continued to post a daily blog? Partly because a lady from another religion expressed wonder that someone would post verses “Every. Single. Day.” That told me she read it almost every single day. We became friends and she knows I pray for her.

By posting, I’ve confirmed to others – and to myself – that daily Bible reading is an important part of my life and my suggestion to others.  I want to be certain what I read is true and applicable in my life and is of value to others.  Sort of Berean:

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11 KJV)

I challenged myself and my readers to search the scriptures to see if these things are so! Why? Because I also believe we’re watchmen:

But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand. (Ezekiel 33:6 KJV)

This is me blowing the trumpet, confirming my belief in Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. The Bible tells me so:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV)

Those aren’t some of the more popular verses. They are termed ‘exclusive’ by a number of people. They are exclusive:

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18 KJV)

Come, let us read together and study to see if these things are so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)