Friday, May 15, 2009

Still Adjusting

Still needing an attitude adjustment!!! I do believe I was getting over a couple of heavy-handed backhands, when a couple more come along.

The silver lining is that these are only financial – so far no major health hazards to face, for which I express my gratitude to God. Neither are they life threatening, only blood-pressure raising if I allow myself to forget that: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 KJV)

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (2 Corinthians 9:8 KJV)

If I had only those two verses, I should be able to adjust. However, there are more:

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. (2 Timothy 4:5 KJV)

As I was searching for comfort (and it is there, in His word) I noticed another verse.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:2-4 KJV)

As a woman, Paul is not telling me to become a preacher – but I can spread the word whether the world is ready to read it or not. I must do it when it is not comfortable to do so, when it is not politically correct to do so, and it must be God’s word – not my interpretation of it – to be true doctrine. That’s one reason why I point to specific scriptures, though my own words may come before or after.

What was prophesied here has come to pass. In order to enjoy their own physical pleasures, men have found teachers who will tell them what they wish to hear – anything is OK because God does not exist. Careful. Just because I write something down, that doesn’t make it truth.

To know the truth, follow the Berean example, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11 KJV)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for drawing my attention to these words. My attitude has been in the dumps lately, and I find scripture is certainly the best shot in the hip to help me keep moving along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)