Friday, April 3, 2015

What To Look For

WhatWeSee
I do not know anything about John Lubbock – and I didn’t look him up to find out more.  I do agree with what this quotes him as saying.

The other day I wrote about atheists stating the internet was where they found their answer as to God’s existence – and discovered that He does not exist for them. They would probably say that I haven’t looked enough to find out I’m wrong – but they would be wrong. Obviously, simply based on that post, I do read opposing views and have not changed my mind.

It may have began with lessons at Immanuel Baptist Church in the 1950’s. Yes, we did a great deal of Bible memorization, but we were also taught to question our beliefs and compare them with others. How else can we be certain what we are being taught is correct?

A lot of people do it by searching for what they want to find. A way of scratching their itching ears. I have found myself seeking answers instead of seeking God. Wow, there are so many different writers that it almost appears that no two people have the same viewpoint regarding God at all.

I do accept the Bible as authoritative regarding God’s message to mankind.  I know – half the world doesn’t. I haven’t spent as much time as theologians questioning why I believe this, but my minor studies and seventy-plus years of living in this world still has me turning pages in the Bible – and I’ve found nothing to disprove the words.

Yes – I have search out, discovered and read articles and books that teach differently. In most instances, these are the opinions of men – and some can be discounted after comparing with the Bible. If any man tells me he received another gospel from an angel, even one that refers to the Bible, the Bible tells me it’s not true. Why would an angel give something other than what the Bible says. For a man to have such a message, he’d have to have a whole lot more proof.

Christianity has broken into multiple denominations, differing over doctrine. So, if the Bible tells me one thing is wrong, I think I’d better pay attention, don’t you? If I’m told there are specific prayers to pray, shouldn’t I return to what Jesus suggested? Not what has no value.

Bottom line – seek God, our Lord:

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. (Deuteronomy 4:29 KJV)

They are the words David said to Solomon:

Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; (1 Chronicles 22:19a KJV)

They are similar to the words my Beloved Husband’s grandfather wrote down for his children nine years before his death:
January 21, 1932 - To my dear family survivors; the greatest asset I can hand down to you is to commend you to the Lord Jesus Christ whom I have tried to serve from childhood. He is the only rock or foundation you can safely build or rely upon and you should love Him with all your might.
I, too, commend you to the Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the God we’ve been seeking since the beginning. We will see what we are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)