Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Watchman Shares Light

LightedLife
(I knew I had used the Ezekiel watchman scriptures a few years ago. It was good for me to re-read today. I hope it is for you, too.)

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. (John 1:4-5 KJV)

I’ve seen examples of this truth in so many places.  Darkness does not comprehend God’s light. We’ve also been told that our light must shine, too:

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:14-16 KJV)

I’ve seen that verse pointed to as telling us that good works are necessary, but don’t talk about beliefs – they will offend some people. Once again, I point to what we’ve been told:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:20 KJV)

When we do so, the response is often a comment that we are closed minded and not accepting of others. From a source I neglected to source, I found written what I pray applies to my life:
We live our beliefs. And that is what is so offensive. The fact that no matter how the mob roars we can't be changed. We won't let go despite the pressures brought to bear.
I will continue to share the light of my life, my Lord and my God revealed across the centuries in the Bible and in the example of lives lived for Him. I will offend some, cause others to laugh but for the most part, I will be ignored and remain unnoticed. Not my concern.

My concern is summed up in Ezekiel’s 33rd chapter about a watchman:

But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand. (Ezekiel 33:6 KJV)

Jesus testified that He is the light of the world:

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (John 8:12 KJV)

As promised in Isaiah:

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. (Isaiah 9:2 KJV)

In my heart, in my soul, I see the return of our Lord – as promised. I will speak of Him, write of Him, pray to Him and share Him as the light in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)