Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Spending The Day In Godliness

If you don't know what I'm talking about this morning - please read yesterday's post. I needed to be reminded. I woke up with a hymn on my mind - but did not spend moments in prayer. I have a scripture in a glass frame in my bathroom, but I didn't pay any heed to it.  Not until I answered an e-mail for the doctor's office did I notice these omissions. An hour an a half later!

Tomorrow morning, should I miss praying on awakening (again!) there will be an appropriate scripture on the mirror in the bathroom. II Thessalonians 5:17 would be good - but I think something along the lines of:

Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. (Psalms 5:2-3 KJV)

Hmmm. Now to head into the day and see where else I'll need reminding. Not too early, for my first item is a visit to a dear friend and I know we'll be praying together for several people and projects on our hearts. I'm looking forward to seeking godliness today!

Did you need a reminder, too? What have you chosen to remind you to enjoy godliness today? Will it help tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)