Monday, January 6, 2014

Which Seed?

Wheat_seeds
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. (1 Corinthians 3:6 KJV)

Unlike Paul, I haven’t planted anything but a few questions in a few minds. He spent his life planting news of Jesus through his testimony and his preaching. Apollos ministered to those who heard the word – perhaps answering their questions – or passing those questions on to Paul.

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting (both in person and on line) people who grew up half a world away and none of them were without the knowledge that Christians believe that the world was created by God; that He loves His creation and sent Jesus, His son, to provide salvation; that believing Jesus lived, died and rose again is necessary to accept that salvation. Sorry if that sounds too simplistic – it is surrounded by millennia of historical writings that explain much more, but do not deny these simple Christian facts.

I have written over two thousand posts encouraging readers to research what I write – look into the Bible verses posted. Do they say what I wrote? Were the quotes out of context? Is it important that the Lord selected a single man to found a nation? Was Israel a chosen nation? Was a Messiah promised? Books are published each year in an effort to defend or deny each one of those premises. Nations align against each other in response to the existence of Israel today. It is not ancient history.

Pilate asked if Jesus was a king, and He responded with the truth:

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. (John 18:37 KJV)

Pilate had another question – obviously rhetorical because he did not wait for the answer:

Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. (John 18:38 KJV)

Which blog, which verse, which seed will grow sufficiently to be noticed, watered, and eventually to bring forth fruit? I don’t know. All I can be certain is that I am blessed when I put my thoughts on His word into words I understand. I pray readers’ curiosity is piqued sufficiently to pick up a Bible and look up the scripture to see if It was copied correctly and that it conveys the same thought I mentioned. Why is this sufficient for me?

So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. (1 Corinthians 3:7 KJV)

Those who seek Him, find Him.

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.(Deuteronomy 4:29 KJV)

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13 KJV)

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6 KJV)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)