Thursday, May 30, 2013

Trying Again To Post

> Flat land and constant wind. Wheat and wind generators, just north of Vernon, Texas.
>
> Made a quick pit stop and purchased sunglasses for my Beloved Husband. So far, his sunglasses were the only thing forgotten. So far!
>
> Had an interesting chat with the clerk while checking out. She had just made change for the young man ahead of me. He mentioned that he still had a problem keeping our money straight. Of course I asked about his home and he told me he was from South Africa. He was very friendly, very personable and we had a nice chat.
>
> As he left, the clerk told me he was here to work the harvest. For the next months they would harvest wheat here, then move north as the fields ripen. I remember when my male cousins worked harvest, making money in the summer - some paying their college tuition with hard work.
>
> The clerk told me that young men in town were too lazy to harvest. The companies had to bring in workers from Europe, even South Africa. She knows her community much better than I do, but I do not doubt her observation.
>
> These jobs we cannot ship overseas, and it appears we cannot get Americans to work them, either. I really didn't expect to find such a microcosm of our country's ills within a few hours of starting vacation.
>
> Our Lord has fields white unto harvest, too, and few laborers. Will he need to go elsewhere? Take a moment and read John 4:35. Are you one of His laborers? If not, why not? In the meantime, pray to The Lord of the harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)