Thursday, February 2, 2012

Isn’t It Wonderful?

temp
That I don’t have to save the world?  I don’t have to change the world, either.  I am grateful that Jesus did both of those things, and I don’t have His responsibilities.

I don’t get to go to the mission fields, either.  I can name a lot of missionaries who have, many that I’ve met personally and many more that I pray for.  They were called to follow Paul’s example, I was not.

Frankly, I don’t miss having those responsibilities. I have enough to do following my own instructions.  Haven’t you read them?  The Bible has them laid out.  Remember the old book, “In His Steps”? Or the more recent questions, “What Would Jesus Do”?

We make decisions daily to follow God’s will, or do our own thing. When the questions arise as to how Jesus would handle it, the answer is in the Bible.

Nope – not going to give examples of “What would Jesus do?” They are available across the Bible, Old Testament and New. Nope – that’s not a typo.  Unlike Thomas Jefferson, I do believe in the divinity of Jesus, as given in many verses of the Gospels – the good news:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4 KJV)

That’s the description from a man who knew Him, who heard Him prophesy:

But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee. Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended. Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. (Matthew 26:32-34 KJV)

Prophesied His death, His resurrection – and the denial by one who had followed Him from the first.  All three fulfilled.

Why is it easy for people to believe He lived, and lied?  How do people respect a portion of His message, yet reject the core?

The same book that contains the often quoted:

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: (Luke 6:35-37 KJV)

Also contains:

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. (Luke 24:25-27 KJV)

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to live for God when you feel the responsibility for the outcome. All we have to do is speak the truth, plant or water and let God give the increase.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)