Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Under His Wing

HenChicks
I wrote to Chris:  This is so Matthew 23:37!

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! (Matthew 23:37 KJV)

But, it isn’t, for the bird above has chicks firmly under wing, protected and safe while those who heard our Lord’s word fall under the “ye would not!”  Nope, this photo is an application of other verses:

The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust. (Ruth 2:12 KJV)

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. (Psalms 91:4 KJV)

In those two, protection is pictured.  Perhaps David heard his great-grandmother’s family history.  In this verse, a petition is made:

Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings, (Psalms 17:8 KJV)

When we are under the shadow of His wings, we can trust Him to keep us safe.

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. (Psalms 36:7 KJV)

Why does mankind fight so hard against that safety, that protection, that love?  Why do so many still respond, “We will not!!”  Often they add, “And, we won’t let others, either” as if they themselves will provide protection from even hearing of God.  They would deny the ability to hear and decide, determining for others a lack of value.

Thanks, but “No thanks.”  I will declare Him to all who will read or listen to me and to many others.

You see, we believe Christ’s promise that He will return:

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. (Matthew 23:39 KJV)

We are also promised in both Testaments that all will come to know:

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. (Isaiah 45:23 KJV)

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (Romans 14:11 KJV)

I will bow then, too, but I also bow now – and confess to God who created the heavens and the earth that I give thanks for my salvation and His unspeakable gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)