Friday, February 11, 2011

In The Flesh

Deerstand
The other day I stopped by Dakota’s Blog and read his “Ungodly Sorrow.” A very appropriate bog for those fighting depression, much beyond sorrow.

It was a verse he used, though, that caught my eye.

Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: (Job 19:23-26 KJV)

A blessing for us, Job’s words were written! They actually were printed in a book – one that has lasted millennia and is available world-wide today. Surely somewhere they have been engraved into rock that all might read what Job believed.

Mine aren’t. No book, no graven with an iron pen and led into a rock. Just a few digital bytes residing on I-don’t-understand-what that can be opened on demand for a finite length of time. Yes, I believe in the same thing.

My redeemer lives!! My God is the God of the living, not the ancient dead or myths around a tribal bonfire.

He said so.

But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. (Matthew 22:31-32 KJV)

And He sent prophets to tell us more.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (Revelation 1:3 KJV)

Since this was written two thousand years ago, and those things which are written therein have not happened, do you think the book invalid? The prophecy without fulfillment? I believe that each and every day brings us a bit closer to these days as described. Our view of time and events is skewed, even though we know that:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 55:8 KJV)

Thus I can only tell you what I believe, what the verses mean to me, how I see God in His word. I cannot make anyone believe, convince them verses are important or see what God has in store for anyone but myself. I just appreciate your sharing your time with me as I look through what He wants us all to know for now.

Thank you for walking along with me. Whether through resurrection or rapture, may we stand together before Him and move together to His right. (Matthew 25:33)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)