Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beloved’s Verse

Yardsign

The above verse is on a church sign in front of a home on our way to church. My Beloved Husband chose another one. Pastor used it last week, and Beloved Husband has indicated it’s the one he would like to see on our wall:

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. (Psalms 18:1-2 KJV)

I like having scripture surround us, and have a few framed verses, but this one would be made on my granddaughter’s Silhouette. She created the verse on Second Daughter’s wall and I’m really looking forward to having some on ours – not just framed, but the words flowing. Having them reminds me of:

And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates. (Deuteronomy 6:9 KJV)

We also have a scripture sign in our front yard. It’s available to all of our church members and as we drive around this end of the county we can pick out members’ homes. Well almost – there are some of our neighbors who have requested scripture signs, too.

We also keep them in our hearts, as Solomon suggested.

Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye. Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart. (Proverbs 7:2-3 KJV)

What if every person of faith would put a sign in their own yard? Shouldn’t the message be as wide spread? What if we really wrote them on the door posts? My, oh, my! Everyone walking up to our door would know we were Christians! Could you live with that?

I know a family that displays one on the back window of their car. They share the word wherever they go. Where do you show your scriptures?

If you haven’t yet, what verse would you choose? What message from the scriptures would you share? Where would you share it?

Come to know the scriptures – they will show the power of God.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grammy Blick -

    I love this message. Great signs for sure! That one that you have at the beginning of your post, "Ye do err...," that struck me strong this a.m. as I read it. Love it and the message that it gives! It is vital that we DO and KNOW the Word of GOD - for it is Him and He is it - they are ONE. Praise His worthy name!

    One scripture that I have on my wall is Joshua 1:8 - KJV, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein; for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

    One of my very favorite scriptures is Psalm 63:8 - KJV, "My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)