Friday, November 12, 2010

Wonderfully Made

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (Psalms 139:14 KJV)

Indeed, we are. As the doctor explained how he changed some of the bone structure during Beloved Husband’s surgery, and how the ball and socket joint worked with the rotator cuff, this verse came to mind.

The human body is so very intricate. A little here, a little there and we are each unique. Yet in this Psalms, David acknowledges that God knows us all. Knows us so very well.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. (Psalms 139:4 KJV)

To know this also tells us that we cannot know completely know God.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. (Psalms 139:6 KJV)

Even when we don’t understand, we see Him as precious.

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! (Psalms 139:17 KJV)

Can we, as David, ask God to know us completely?

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalms 139:23-24 KJV)

After acknowledging that God cares for us, that He knows all there is to know about us, David asked to be search for wickedness – and by thus admits God is aware of our shortcomings. How often do we admit that to God? To show our awareness that just as our bodies are intricate yet fallible, so are our hearts.

The more aware we are of our failings, the more we can agree with another request David made:


Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalms 51:10 KJV)

God does not move away from us – we leave the path He laid out. Welcome His search of our hearts, prepare for His cleansing, and rejoice in the renewal of His right spirit. Oh, Lord, forgive us wherein we have failed thee!

2 comments:

  1. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalms 51:10) that is one of my most used Psalms, I cry this prayer so many times, I loved this post, and I am happy your husband is healing too, it is a long process and I tire of it, but praise God he keeps me going, lots of love Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grammy -

    Thank you - I agree with you and second you on Psalm 51:10 - Amen, Amen

    Lord, thank You for your love, forgiveness, mercy and longsuffering. We all need it for sure! Please help us, Lord, to demonstrate Your characteristics in our journeys for You. Thank you, Lord - Amen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)