Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Famine

I enjoy reading God’s word daily. There is always a message, a lesson for me. Will it always be thus? Because the day may again come when it will not be possible to do so.

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. [Amos 8:11-12 KJV]

There have been times in the past when Christians have been in places where God’s word was not available. Today the Bible is smuggled into places where their law says it cannot be. Why should we think that cannot happen here?

Countries change leadership, over decades they change with their citizens’ culture. Some change their names; others simply fade away and are never seen in the news. Nothing detrimental is heard, but nothing good, either. The appearance is lukewarm.

Remember what John told us about the church at Laodocia? As with each of the churches, Christ knew their works. So, what then did He think of lukewarm?

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. [Revelation 3:16 KJV]

At one time several nations in this world were considered Christian. What one nation could be so named now? Our president has openly stated to the world that American is no longer a Christian nation. Which nation is? Many nations call themselves Muslim. When you say Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, Shinto, what countries comes to mind?

Is Christ still in this nation? Or does He stand outside, as He did at Laodocia:

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. [Revelation 3:20 KJV]

We have a city named Philadelphia. Would it match the description given to that church?

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. [Revelation 3:8 KJV]

What did the church at Philadelphia do that was so praiseworthy that Christ set before them an open door?

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, [Revelation 3:10a KJV]

Could that be as simple as following His words?

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. [Psalms 27:14 KJV]

My nation may no longer be considered Christian by this world, but I am and will be. I will read His word, endeavor to keep His word and share His word with others, at least until the famine comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)