Thursday, September 4, 2008

Celebrity

He was a celebrity, but no longer ends up in headlines. Though I recognized his name from newscasts, I never was interested enough to listen. In news stories, his life held nothing of interest for me, I did not find what was written about him entertaining, not reading beyond headlines..

Yet, that one night as I said my prayers, his name came to mind. I felt compelled to pray for this man’s soul. For protection to surround him – spiritual protection. I prayed that someone would witness to him. That his eternal life would be protected. I’d never felt any need to do so before, no need since that one incident.

I have never met the man. Have no intention of meeting him. He no longer makes the news. His entertainment value no longer exists. New headliners have taken his place. I do not know the result of my prayer, but I do know the value of it.

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (Mark 11:22-24 KJV)

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; (Luke 18:1 KJV)

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; (John 17:20 KJV)

Pray without ceasing. (1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV)

Brethren, pray for us. (1 Thessalonians 5:25 KJV)

Some day, when time is no longer kept, I shall know the answer to my prayer. For that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)