Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tell Me About Your God, Please.

Hands_of_God_and_Adam
Oh, you have one. One that can be described with words mine asked us to do:

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. (Deuteronomy 6:5 KJV)

Something in our lives will be loved with all our of heart. It will be in our minds at all times. We will do things in service to what we have in our hearts and minds. I’d like to know more about yours.  Here are some tidbits about mine:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1 KJV)

Yes, I believe in a singular creator who created everything we know today. I refer to Him because the Bible does and He appeared on the earth as a man.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (Luke 2:10-11 KJV)

I believe this man was a sacrifice Abraham mentioned:

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. (Genesis 22:8 KJV)

I also believe this man born in Bethlehem is God:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:1-3 KJV)

That’s just part of all the counsel of God referred to by Paul as he explained what and why he preached:

Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Acts 20:26-27 KJV)

Except for scripture, I believe no man gives us all the counsel of God – yet it would take all the scriptures to understand just a part of what God has planned for mankind.

So far, how does my God compare with yours? Mine loves:

We love him, because he first loved us. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? (1 John 4:19-20 KJV)

My God has requirements:

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (John 3:17-19 KJV)

My God will divide those who believe upon Him from those who believeth not. My God lived as a perfect man, died as an ordinary man and was resurrected as proof He was more than a man.

You can learn much more about mine from the Bible. Where may I learn of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)