Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Does it Matter?


At the top of this blog are tabs that tell more about me.  The second tab, “What I Believe,” should be important to readers.

That entry will explain the foundation for my beliefs. The doctrine, if you will, upon which my faith is based. A lot more people read my blog than stop by and read what I believe and why I write, so I thought it might be a good idea to introduce readers to a bit more of me.

I used to have a tab called “My Witness,” because my daughter asked about it. I removed that, most because it went unnoticed, but also because every blog I write speaks of my witnessing that Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior. The Bible teaches me about what God has in mind for mankind, and what He expects from us. Through reading, learning and application of God’s word in our lives, we do His will.

It does matter what we believe. It matters in this world when His commands are not followed:

O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea: (Isaiah 48:18 KJV)

It matters in eternity, when His love is not accepted:

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18 KJV)

He does continue to send messages to His people:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! (Luke 13:34 KJV)

Just as Elijah in I Kings 19, we may not be aware of all who believe. And, just as Esther in 4:14, we may not be aware that another will step in and do what God has in mind for us if we decline His love. We do need to be aware that God has a purpose in our lives for what He tells us to do and we do it by faith:

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Hebrews 11:3 KJV)

I want this blog to send readers to look into scriptures to see if what I write is true. As always, I ask that my readers be Bereans:

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11 KJV)

I do. I run across articles, websites, posts of differing beliefs and viewpoints. Some are in direct opposition to what I believe and what I post it is necessary for me to search the scriptures daily, checking to see whether those things – or what I’ve said – are scripturally based. It matters, very seriously to me, that my beliefs are biblically based.

It matters eternally what each of us believes about Jesus. Study that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)