Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Now

boy_dog_pray
Now I lay me down to sleep …

We’ve all said that childhood prayer at one time or another. Even David:

I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.(Psalms 3:5 KJV)

He said it, not as a child, but as a father fleeing from his adult son:

Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. (Psalms 3:2 KJV)

David knew better. We see from his childhood that is love for and trust in God did not fail. Even when he sinned, he knew that:

Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah. (Psalms 3:8 KJV)

As we head out to the hospital this early morning, we praise God for sustaining us, helping us, blessing us and most of all for the salvation He provided, Himself:

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:14-16 KJV)

Christ also explained that we must have the faith of a child:

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. (Luke 18:16-17 KJV)

And, we must take care how we deal with children:

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. (Matthew 18:3-6 KJV)

Smile at the thought of the child praying with his dog – God does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)