Sunday, April 1, 2012

“Did I Mention That …

temp
…I love Him?” That’s one of the songs six children, their parents and grandparents sang for us.  The Rochester Family gave a free concert Saturday night – followed by a food-filled fellowship (Baptists do that a lot, and a good job of it.) Click on the graphic to visit their website to learn more and hear their music.

They’ve been coming to our church for several years, and for the last four they’ve given the Saturday night concert in addition to being at our morning services. Churches from Wichita Falls, Mineral Wells, Weatherford, Burleson were among those joining our congregation in celebrating the way David wrote:

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. (Psalms 98:4 KJV)

We love Him, adore and worship Him, and the words sang out loud and clear:

All glory and praise
To the God of all grace,
Who hast brought us, and sought us,
And guided our ways.
Everyone sang out on the refrain:
Hallelujah! Thine the glory.
Hallelujah! Amen.
Hallelujah! Thine the glory.
Revive us again.

A full house, over flowing into the lobby and adding chairs down the aisle. So many songs!

They ended with one of my favorites, written by Horatio Spafford under circumstances that would have brought my own soul to the point of cracking. Financial loss he encountered due to the great Chicago fire could not break his, nor the loss of his only son, followed by the loss of his daughters as they sailed to England.  The telegram his wife sent is heartbreaking even today:  “Saved alone …” How lonely they both had to feel, separated from their children by death, from each other by an ocean.

As he sailed to her, he wrote these lines near where his daughters were lost:

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Can we do as well? With losses that may match his, are we able to praise God and exclaim, “It is well with my soul!” Can we do that while telling everyone, “Did I mention that I love Him?”

Sure wish you could have been with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)