Wednesday, February 15, 2012

From Here to There

Downloads2

In Sunday services I sit on the third row from the front on the right side.  Wednesday’s I’m a bit further back on the left.  I am so grateful Pastor knows that I do not text, though I’m reading the Bible from my phone, and putting notes in it, too.  I have been known to send out an e-mail with a specific verse from my digital Bible.  I also send them when I do my chronological Bible reading at night (yes – I read it more than once a day.)

It is very handy to highlight the verse, make the subject understandable (which is not always easy to do late at night) when I read it the next morning.  That’s why I wrote “Teach” for the subject when I sent this verse to myself as a reminder:

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. (Psalms 32:8 KJV)

There are so many people I know who are praying to know God’s will in their lives.  I would memorize this verse if that were my need. And, at times, that is my need – as it is everyone’s.

God wants us to following His lead.  He does not want us to be controlled, though:

Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. (Psalms 32:9 KJV)

Who would control that bit and bridle? Not our Lord.  He expects us to follow Him, not be dragged alone behind.  He expects us to seek Him, though He did come for us:

For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. (Luke 19:10 KJV)

We are not to be enslaved, there are no cowering crowds following Him.  Instead, we find David describing what I see today:

Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. (Psalms 32:11 KJV)

That’s why we should expect Christians to be shouting what the angels sang at His birth:

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. (Luke 2:10 KJV)

Yep – all people! Great joy!!  Get acquainted with all the good tidings that are available to the world.  It’s wonderful!!! And – all those thoughts ran through my mind as I sent myself that little reminder e-mail from my YouVersion app – or at times from Olive Tree app.

Hey, it’s free for iPhone, iPad, Kindle and Androids, too.  Imagine that, a free app that you can carry with you wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)