Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Preparing Eggs

Eggs
Beloved Husband walked into the kitchen as I was taking the picture for this post. “What are you doing?”

Personally, I thought it was fairly obvious – woman holding camera taking a picture, of eggs. Now you know why he shakes his head every once in a while when he sees what I’m doing.

But – I stopped washing the eggs as I remembered First Daughter’s somewhat-city cousin asking her as she cleaned eggs from the henhouse, “What do you have to do to them to make them like in the store?”

That’s what I was doing when I decided to take the photo.  Washing them off, putting them in the carton – just like they are in the super market down the highway from here. Only I was doing a dozen and a half rather than a truckload. They’ll sit in my fridge until Wednesday, when I’ll boil them.  On Thursday they’ll be sitting on a dish, ready for the Thanksgiving table.

The illustration is much like becoming a Christian.  What do you have to do?  Be there.  We need to be cleansed before God puts us to use, but we can’t do it ourselves. 

No, I don’t mean that the whole egg story is like mankind.  Not all of us will be cleansed.  That is the choice we make, whether or not we’ll put ourselves in God’s hands. Our illustrative henhouse eggs do not have a choice at all.  Mankind, a greater creation, given breath directly from God, makes a choice where to spend eternity.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV)

That choice remains for all of us – along with God promise, not just to Israel, but to all who love Him and chose life.

That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. (Deuteronomy 30:20 KJV)

The land promised is no longer that here on earth for the Children of Israel, but much, much more.

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. (Revelation 21:6-7 KJV)

That’s what I’m looking forward to. His coming, quickly.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. (Revelation 22:20 KJV)

2 comments:

  1. You commented on my post today as being the same topic you are preparing.
    I visit your site and find your post on a topic I was working on yesterday ("I am coming quickly"). My post on that topic is probably in the distant future.
    Isn't God great!!!
    I appreciate your down to earth illustrations such as the eggs today.
    May God continue to bless you richly in your service for Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grammy Blick -

    Thank you for steadfastly sharing GOD's truth and living it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)