Monday, September 5, 2011

Where We Are

Earth337039main_pg26_as07-08-1933_full
I firmly believe that God places people where they need to be to fulfill His greater plan for mankind.  Sometimes He tells them where to go and His instructions are followed:

Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. (Genesis 12:1-4 KJV)

Other times there dissention in the ranks and those called head in opposite directions:

Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me. But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. (Jonah 1:1-3 KJV)

In a way, I thank God that I was never called to do what these men did – yet in another way, I firmly believe that God led me to where I am today.  He placed me in a position where there are people who I’ve been a help to, and people that have helped me.

If it were not for an internet friend EnJay, I would not have been aggressive in pushing a couple of doctors for Beloved Husband’s diagnosis.  If it weren’t be these blogs, I would not have met her. From my point of view, God leading me to write about the reading of His word has provided a help for me.

That is just a small example of how personal I believe our God is.  I say ‘our’, though quite a few of my regular readers have told me they are not Christian.  Some are of other religions, a couple are at the least agnostic, and others are wishing for faith, but cannot bring themselves to believe in a God great enough to create the universe yet personal enough to care for His creation.

Others’ beliefs have no bearing on my own.  I read His word, and I believe David’s words to his son:

And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever. (1 Chronicles 28:9 KJV)

That I wish for my children, their children, my great-grands and generations to come.  And, for my readers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)