Sunday, August 14, 2011

Time To Work

c7
(The above graphic came with others in an e-mail and I have not been able to make out the name of the artist.  It is used in good faith and will be removed if necessary.)

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 19:14 KJV)

Can’t stand to work in Vacation Bible School?  Can’t find time to work with children in Sunday School?  Feel that the church is there for adults to come and worship?  Think children should sit quietly at parent’s side and receive the meat of the service along with them?

Revisit Matthew 19:14 above or Mark 10:14 or Luke 18:16.

There are times for milk, before taking in meat, even in Christian services. 

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. (1 Corinthians 3:1-2 KJV)

While adults are expected to grow quickly in Christian life, children need that milk.  They need to sit and learn at Jesus’ feet.  Through the loving examples of their parents is the very best way.  Next best, from loving Christian workers seeing to their growth in church activities.

This past week was filled with such workers looking after the spiritual well being of children from pre-K through the 6th grade.  The opportunity to serve them was an opportunity to serve Him. Remember Christ’s parable of all nations gathered before the throne? Those sent to the right heard:

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (Matthew 25:40 KJV)

Others stood there, too, heard words of condemnation and were sent to everlasting punishment with these words ringing in their ears:

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. (Matthew 25:45 KJV)

James would not only understand where I’m going with this, he wrote to us to tell us of it:

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. (James 2:18 KJV)

Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. (John 4:35 KJV)

Go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)