Friday, March 11, 2011

What Comes To Mind?


What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you see:  Jesus

On our church’s pulpit is a portion of John 12:21:  Sir, we would see Jesus.

For me, a variety of thoughts quickly flow through, but the first, I think, is seeing Him as teacher.  I know, I know, savior should come first, but first we must be taught.

He called His disciples one by one, then He taught them.  He didn’t expect them to answer the call, then immediately head for the field to bring the word to others.  The gospels give us so many examples of how He taught.

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: (Matthew 13:31 KJV)

Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened. (Matthew 13:33 KJV)

Among the teachings is Matthew 5.  That’s what we’re supposed to be in order to be blessed.  We start out poor in spirit and mourning as we realize our lost spiritual status.  That will make us meek, then we hunger and thirst after His righteous.  After that we can become merciful, pure in heart and peacemakers.  By that time we’ve become noticed, and we will be persecuted.  I pray that we can actually be strong enough by that time to rejoice and be exceedingly glad.

I do believe that there is a heavenly reward. He went to the Father, as will we.

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. (John 14:28 KJV)

I also see Him as the Lamb of God.  Mrs. Nancy loves to shout as she believes John did – BEHOLD!

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (John 1:29 KJV)

Who He is, and what He does.  That pretty well says it all, doesn’t it?

How does Jesus appear to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)