Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I was shot.

Syringe_with_needle
Nope, I didn’t get a photo of the needle used, these look a lot like the doctor used, though.  Same doctor that operated on Beloved Husband and he made a joke about that.  Said that since BH had so much medical experience, had looked at MRIs and x-rays of his own shoulder, that BH should have enough skill to give me the shot.

I disagreed. 

Aggravated bursitis, which the cortisone shot and some soft therapy should bring the shoulder back into working order very soon.

Thanks to all of you who have spent time and prayer on this painful episode.  It was a rough time.  While I really did understand what BH was going through – still in going through! – I missed being able to type more than a hundred words or so before having to close down.

Things wear out.  Parts of my body are beginning to let me know they do not wish to be stretched to previous limits.  Unfortunately, I’ve listened to some of them I shouldn’t have and will have to rebuild through different exercises so these touchy body parts will function longer than they want to.

There is a verse that reminds me how short my time here truly will be:

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. (James 4:14 KJV)

That’s all we have “a little time.”  What we do with it is of utmost importance.  It is my choice to believe there is much more than this little time, thus I continue to prepare for a future I believe has been promised.  I have many companions on this journey.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13 KJV)

1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed, boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth, time is passing so fast, and with it my youth, and my body, lol we all reach a time when our bodies are not like they used to be, been used for many years, and wear out, If I had a 67 year old car, it surely would need much more work than I do, so God has indeed blessed us being human, and being in such a sinful body. Hugs my friend, and hope this helps you much, and you can get back to writing your devotions, ;I for one love them. Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)