Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thy Kingdom Come

Thy kingdom come. (Matthew 6:10a KJV)

Really?

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. (Revelation 22:20 KJV)

Really?

Or do we pray, “Wait a little longer, please Jesus. There are so many still wandering out in sin. Just a few more days to get our loved ones in.”

We all have them. Loved ones who have put off the decision, or ones who have openly rejected God’s gift. We keep hoping, we continue to pray that God will send just the right witness. That He will soften their hearts – but softly, please.

More than twenty years went into prayers for my son. I, too, was saying, “A little longer, please.” Now I pray it for grandchildren. Then there are my great-grands. “Just a little longer.

Friends, too. Some of my readers. There are regular readers who remain in my prayers. Yes, I pray for God to speak to you. I pray that you will find the time, too, to speak to Him.

By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. (Proverbs 8:15-17 KJV)

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: (Isaiah 55:6 KJV)


Both of those verses indicate there is a limit on time available. There will come a time when there will be no time. The first one we face is our own mortality. That we will die is a fact we must face daily. Only a small few left this earth without doing so. The second possibility is that our Lord will return. That His promise will be kept. We just don’t know when.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (Matthew 24:36 KJV)

I cannot wait for that day, for that hour. Based solely on actuarial tables, my time will come before He returns, so I must speak now for those still waiting. Unless He answers our prayers as we truthfully pray, “Thy kingdom come.” We are so very ready for His return!!

Then we lift our voices as we sing, and mean both, with all of our hearts:

First we cry oh Lord please come. Come and take your children home
Then we look around and suddenly we say
But wait a little longer please Jesus...

(Carl Smith)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)