Friday, November 20, 2009

Preparing For Thanksgiving


Have you planned ahead for Thanksgiving? No, not the meal, for giving thanks!!

Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. (1 Chronicles 16:8 KJV)

For what do you give thanks this year? Start your list now so you won’t miss one. I’ve got a list going:

I’m always thankful that God provided for my salvation. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (1 John 5:13 KJV)

I’m grateful for my husband, my children, their children – for my family. It is a pleasure to be in God’s house when they all stand before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children. (2 Chronicles 20:13 KJV)

I am grateful for our church – not the building, the congregation. Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. (Acts 2:47 KJV)

Our pastor has my gratitude, too. He has fulfilled the responsibilities given in God’s word. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:28 KJV)

I am grateful for my country, and grateful that God asks me to pray for it and its leaders. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (1 Timothy 2:1-3 KJV)

This is such a short list, I could continue writing, but it would become minutia, and I would begin naming specifics when in truth I am grateful for God’s love and the multitude of ways He has shown it to me through so many in my life. I’ve met so many wonderful people simply by sharing His word.

Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. (Psalms 145:2 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)